Monday, February 22, 2010

A grateful heart

I decided it was time to join others in the grateful community and work towards completing a one thousand gifts list.

Thank you God, just thank you, from this humble heart, this broken heart, this wounded heart, this grateful heart...thank you for the gifts that you lay at my feet, set by my door, bestow upon me while I'm in the thick of life. Thank you for continuing to bless me and care for me.

The first 10 gifts from God that I am grateful for:

1. Two wonderful sons, imperfect as they are, who love You with all their hearts, who love me despite my faults and imperfections.

2. Friends that love unconditionally.

3. A house.

4. Money, however little, that provides as needed.

5. Food to nourish our bodies.

6. My God that loves me, why I don't understand, but am humbled by His love.

7. The ability to make a living while at home.

8. Financial aid to help me pursue a college education.

9. His Word that I can freely drink in to quench my thirst and eat from daily to nourish my soul.

10. This one day that He has given to me.

What are you grateful for?
How many gifts does God bestow in your life? Can you see them, scattered out there amidst the troubles, worries and fears that jumble your days one into another?
Make your list and see just what you have.

Amy

holy experience

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This one day He has given to me...thanks for the simple reminder.

Annesta said...

Amy,
Welcome to the Gratitude Community! I am so glad I stopped by your site.
The ability to make a living while at home...a gift from the ultimate gift giver!
Blessings to you
Annesta

Amy said...

Thanks Jenny and Annesta for stopping by! I'm very grateful to be part of this community and hope to continue sharing.

Jena said...

how beautiful. Thanks for the reminder to be thankful. Love Love Love your blog!!