Trials make me run, and hide, and feel weak, but the Lord says that through the trials in our lives we become stronger. We develop our strength and perseverance through Him to keep going. I do not have the strength nor the courage to continue forward most days, at least not on my own. The days that start with my asking God to direct my steps are always the best days. Are they perfect without problems? No. Are they straightforward with no worries? No. But those days are doable because I know in my heart that the Lord was directing my steps and if He is standing beside me no one can stand in my way.

My devotion today read:
"Pearls are the product of pain--precious, tiny jewels conceived through irritation, born of adversity, nursed by adjustment."
~excerpt from Growing Strong in the Seasons of Life.
How I long to be a pearl. A pearl of beauty, strength, wisdom and courage. Made from a tiny grain of sand grown into something beautiful that only God could make.
"Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything."
~James 1:2-4
So many changes have happened in my life and so many more to come. I suppose that is why my blog continues to change as I strive for finding the perfect in all of the imperfect, continually changing and forever seeking.
May you and I always seek the Lord first above all else for that is where real contentment can be found no matter what changes take place in our lives.
Blessings!
Amy





No comments:
Post a Comment