The movie's main character, Vivian, played by Julia Roberts, shares a dream she has had since a little girl about being locked in a tower and being rescued by a knight in shining armor. She wants to be loved and she wants someone who is willing to go to great lengths to love her. At the end, Richard Gere's character overcomes he fear of heights and climbs up a fire escape to show his sacrificial love for Vivian.

No one has ever climbed a fire escape to "rescue" me and the person I had thought would lay his life down for me to love me completely and unconditionally, chose not to. I suppose I've always had that dream like Vivian, of someone loving me so much that they would do anything to show that love, but I have come to think that it is just a dream and that kind of love only exist in the movies.
I may never know that kind of life here on earth, but I do hold tight to the fact that there is someone that loves me unconditionally, forgives my faults immediately and was willing to lay His life down for me. He is the only constant in my life, the only love that does not let me down.
"He brought me out into a spacious place; He rescued me because He delighted in me."
~Psalm 18:19
I love walking with Him every day in all that I do. I thank Him for the love that keeps me strong and going each and every day, and I'm thankful for Him laying His life down for me.
How are you walking with Him?






2 comments:
mmm...He *is* the best husband of them all. Beautiful...
mmm....Richard Gere!! Beautiful post as always friend! XOXO
Post a Comment