Sunday, June 20, 2010

Not many words today...

so instead I am posting a link to a blog about abusive relationships.
Her post today is a glimpse into my life for the past 20 years.

http://abusesanctuary.blogspot.com/2007/01/when-your-perfect-partner-goes.html

Walking on eggshells...oh how well I know that.



It is tiring and begins to destroy the person you really are, as you try to be the person that you are made to believe you should be.

Was I the perfect wife? No.
Did I deserve to treated with callousness and disrespect because of it? No.
Was it my fault? No.

"In my anquish I cried to the Lord, and he answered by setting me free."
~Psalm 118:5

Thank you Lord for you faithfulness and for listening to your child's cries, and setting her free.

What has God done in your life to show His love towards you?

Blessings!

Amy

5 comments:

Woman to Woman Blog Talk said...

My dear Amy, your website is a blessing. I love the ambience created and most of all that which you have to say. Strong women like you make this world go around, makes it a better place. No, i'm not downplaying what you or any woman has gone through by simply saying "you're strong." I recognise the strength beyond the strength that meets the eye. You're blessed.

Woman To Woman
http://woman2womansite.wordpress.com

Woman to Woman Blog Talk said...

My dear Amy, your website is a blessing. I love the ambience created and most of all that which you have to say. Strong women like you make this world go around, makes it a better place. No, i'm not downplaying what you or any woman has gone through by simply saying "you're strong." I recognise the strength beyond the strength that meets the eye. You're blessed.

Woman To Woman
http://woman2womansite.wordpress.com

Amy said...

Thank you for stopping by. I obviously have not written here in a long time, but it is good therapy for me to get it all out.
I need to get started back up, but lack of time has been an issue.
Thank you also for your website and what you offer to women like myself.

I don't usually "feel" strong, but the other day while in the midst of some hard stuff, I said out loud..."wow, I am strong, look how far I've come and what I've been through!"

God is my strength and continued to give me the strength and courage to keep moving forward.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.
Guess I better get back to writing. ;)

Woman to Woman Blog Talk said...

Amen....Looking forward to your thoughts from the heart. Let's keep in touch.

Jackie S. said...

Amy, saw you on Holley's blog; then visited this site. Hope you will update this...let us know how you are doing in the journey....praying fervently for you.