After a tragic accident last month that took the life of my son's dear friend and left my son with emotional scars, I am learning to seize the day and live in the moment. The words spoken by the pastor on that somber, sorrowful day that a young life was laid to rest still ring in my ears..."seize the day." And that is how my son's friend had lived his short life...taking each moment and living it to the fullest.
Over this past holiday weekend I had the wonderful opportunity of not only celebrating my mother's 80th birthday, but introducing my family to a very special person in my life. And as the weekend drew to a close I started finding myself looking to the approaching week and fretting over all that would need to be done once I was back home. Then I suddenly remembered to seize the day and live in the moment, because truthfully, it is all we have.
Right here, right now, right this moment.
So I will count my blessings and pour out gratitude for all that God has given me, no matter how small or trivial it may seem.
131 celebrating 80 years with my mother
132 sunshine breaking through the clouds
133 first road trip with her sweetheart
134 bills paid
135 money discovered in a coat pocket
136 clean clothes warm from the dryer
137 sunburned faces back from a fun-filled weekend
138 the opportunity to fulfill a passion
139 the smell of blueberry bagels
140 holding hands while talking about the future
What are you grateful for today? Seize the day, live in the moment and give praise to God for the life He has given you.
Blessings,
Amy





No comments:
Post a Comment