A new blog for a new year.
A time to start fresh, to start over, to emerge after a year of wandering.
wan·der·ing: 1 a : to move about without a fixed course, aim, or goal b : to go idly about : ramble
2009 was a year of stumbling through the wilderness, blindly feeling my way along a path of darkness looming ominously overhead, crowding in around me and offering no possible way out.
Or was it a desert I wandered in? A dry, scorching desert. Stepping ever so gingerly, yet quickly, hoping to keep my feet from being scalded time and time again, while I anxiously searched the distant horizon for an end to the pain.
Or perhaps it was a raging sea that I struggled to cross. Winds whipping all hope out of my hands, a darkness so black it engulfed me, and waters that closed over me keeping me imprisoned by distorted images.
I wandered through all of those places, and often still do, rambling aimlessly at times, both my body and my mind.
But when it felt hopeless, when it seemed forever dark and when the path looked impassable, He came. He led my steps, holding out His hand, whispering in my ear, "only fix your eyes on Me, it's all you need to see or know."
And when I fixed my eyes on Him, it was truly all I needed. He was the Truth in the middle of lies, a place of rest and peace during the turmoil that swirled around me, and a lamp for my feet, lighting my path.
He was, and is my Jesus.
A year ago marked a new season in my life. The end of one thing marked the beginning of something new.
So, here I am again, back in blogger-land, typing my heart felt thoughts.
If anyone is out there I hope that my words are not too rambling, too dis-jointed for you. If they are, then it is because I'm still rambling along this path known as life, trying to find my way.
Won't you wander with me?





1 comment:
Amy, I just found your new blog today. I'm on vacation (stay-cation)from work and had a little extra time on my hands, so I went through some old emails and saw your comment on my blog of a while back. I'm so happy to have found this new blog of yours! I went back to the beginning of it cause I want to catch up to your life in chronological order. hehehe. I'm sorry we lost touch with each other through this year long season of struggle in your life. I do want to catch up to you in person, so you can send me an email. I have that same old email address I always have. I hope you get this comment soon, and not months from now, like I did. I love you girl! I'm praying for you!
Post a Comment