In John 5:8 Jesus said to an invalid, "Get up! Pick up your mat and walk."
God can take any circumstance and turn it around for His glory. He wants to use us right where we are at, but He can't if we refuse to get up after He has called us to move. He can heal us, He can change our circumstance, He can help us walk again. ,
"God wants to use you--stumbling and all. But He won't do so if you refuse to get up."
~excerpt from Starting Over.
"Do you want to get well," Jesus asked the man who had been an invalid for close to 40 years. Jesus didn't just heal him, but He asked the man if he wanted to be healed. Jesus can do anything, through anything, in the midst of anything, but He cannot walk along beside us if we do not ever stand up and...walk.
After a year of feeling crippled and unable to move I have to learn to walk again. Maybe I'm learning to walk for the first time in my new life. I pray each day for God to keep my eyes focused on the Truth and to lead my steps where He wants me to go, and although I go through those days of asking over and over, "am I going the right way, Lord?", I have to trust enough in Him that just getting up and taking a step is the right direction.
May all of your steps this weekend lead you closer to Him and with each step may He lead you where He wants you.

Blessings!
Amy





No comments:
Post a Comment