Monday, March 7, 2011

Gratitude of love

Yes, my heart is full of love these days. Some would venture to say it is because of a new someone in my life, and although that is certainly a big part of my smile, the love making my heart burst at the seams truly comes from knowing how much Jesus loves me.

Going through an emotionally and mentally abusive marriage for two decades left me feeling dead and bruised inside. Try as I might to be enough for someone else, I realized that I never would be. Feelings of being unlovable filled my heart and soul. Perhaps I really was incapable of loving and being loved, as was often told to me.

Yet an amazing thing happened a couple years ago as I choose to leave behind the abuse, I found love again. The most amazing, pure love. God's love.
God whispered to me constantly how beautiful, strong and capable I was through Him. He turned my tears into a smile and took the heaviness which had invaded my very being upon His own shoulders.

He gave me rest.
He comforted me.
He loved me.

I am loved and that love penetrates my very innermost being. It brings a smile to my face.

God has blessed me in so many ways. Even through the most difficult of times He has given me much to be grateful for.

#101 the ability to give thanks to God for all He has done and continues to do in my life

#102 His most genuine and amazing love

#103 my job no matter how mundane which provides for me and my boys

#104 a second chance at love

#105 friends that stand beside her and encourage her through all of the hard times

#106 raindrops and sunshine intermingling together

#107 another birthday to celebrate

#108 too much to do each day

#109 the hum of the dryer resounding through the quietness of the house

#110 a beautiful life

No matter where you are today or where you've been or where your journey is taking you, can you see the blessings? Won't you count with me all that the Lord brings into your life, no matter how small.
What are you grateful for today?

Blessings,

Amy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging post Amy...I am glad you are free from that abusive life. Wishing you many blessings and lots of happiness!