In the song Amazing Grace we sing, "once I was blind, but now I see." Of course, this is in reference to God's grace He gives us when we finally come to see that we need Him in our lives.
Although my eyes were opened over 12 years ago to God's grace, I today find myself blind still. Blind to His provision in my life, His protection, and His direction.
Oh, I know He is taking care of me, I have faith in that, but at times I find myself asking the same thing over and over.
I continually ask Him for direction, for help, for clarity.
"Show me the way Lord, show me what You want from me," I pleadingly ask day in and day out.
Granted it is not a bad thing to come to God daily with our prayers, concerns and requests, and He wants us to. Yet I realized this morning that perhaps I haven't truly opened my eyes to what He does and is doing in my life.
I pray for a job, yet I have one. I pray for direction, yet He lays it on my heart daily. I pray for Him to show me the right thing to do and He has.
So for today I choose to see. I choose to take off the blinders and be grateful for what He is doing in my life.
I choose to see it and praise Him for it.
My gratitude today:
22. warm coffee to start my day
23. a job that allows me to be home for now
24. the quietness in the house after everyone has left for work or school
25. farm fresh eggs and milk to nourish our bodies
26. raindrops on the roof
27. clean laundry and the ability to do it
28. support groups to see me through and help me in the healing process
29. an education paid for in full
30. friends that stand by me without judgment and wait patiently for me to figure it all out.
What are you grateful for on this Monday?
Blessings!
Amy






2 comments:
I enjoyed reading your list and also noting that you are the mom of two sons. So am I! My guys are 22 and 19 now but I sure remember when they were 15 and 18. :-)
Enjoyed your list Amy! ~ I love the sound of rain too! I'm glad you have supportive friends! Where would we be without them? Blessings to you!
Post a Comment