Friday, December 31, 2010

Laying a new foundation...

The end of 2010 has arrived. Not quite sure how it got here, speeding past me like the blur of a freight train.

The last two years have been spent tearing down the old foundation of my life and rebuilding.

My devotion today read: "There was a reason, a good reason, for the waiting, the struggle, the pain, and finally the release. You have been prepared. The same way a builder must first tear down and dig out the old to make way for the new, [God] has been cleaning out the foundation in your life...
This long, hard time in your life has been for laying of groundwork. It was not without purpose, although at times the purpose may not have been evident or apparent.
...the foundation has been laid...it is time for the finishing touches, the completion. It is time to...enjoy the fruits of the labor.
You have had the patience to endure the hard parts. You have trusted, surrendered, and allowed [God]...to heal and prepare you."
`excerpt from the Language of Letting Go, Melody Beattie

The last two years has been the ripping apart and tearing up of the old foundation. The only foundation I ever knew in my life. As the work progressed there were days where my life looked ugly and felt so painful. I had a hard time staying focused on what life would look like after all the initial work was done.
I could not envision anything beautiful or joyful, but I kept trusting and looking forward to the day when the new foundation would be laid and a new beautiful life was ready to be constructed.

I pray that as we all head into a new year that our foundations are laid firmly in the only place that will not break us apart even when our world shifts and moves...our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
As life swirls by, sometimes at dizzying speeds, may we all hold tightly to the Truth in our lives that keeps us grounded.

Here is to a New Year...



Blessings!

Amy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Amy! I hope 2011 is a great year for you filled with many blessings!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, Amy! We're thinking about you over here,and wishing you much joy and happiness.

AprilMay said...

Happy New Year friend! God's work is not always beautiful in our eyes, but it is always necessary for His purposes. I trust Him, even if the only end result I see is a big ol' mess...I will know that the mess is for the good of someone somewhere, somehow!