Saturday, December 11, 2010

Where I am is where I need to be...


"I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be."

~ Douglas Adams

I read this quote on a friend's blog the other day and it really hit home with me. This place where I am at today in my life is not where I ever intended to be or would ever have planned to be.
It is simply where I am, where I was taken.
And as the time has gone, I'm learning to embrace my life and all that goes with it, resting in faith that God took me to this place or at least walked here with me.

It's easy to question why God would do this to us or why He would cause things to happen in our lives, but I'm a firm believer that God does not make things happen to us or cause things to befall us, He simply allows things.
Kind of like us as parents...there are times we have to let our children fail, because it is in doing that when they learn to succeed, and as their parents we do not stop caring for them, but we stand beside them through those hard times.
And this is what our God does for us.
He doesn't forsake us nor leave us during those times of heartache, trials, illness or any other hardships that come our way. He is there through it all and only asks that we bring it all to Him and have trust that He will guide our lives.

God only wants good for us and He will put us right where we need to be to achieve that.
The only thing that we can do each day is to ask God to guide us and help us through an often time weary life. Then we need to be still and listen for Him, and wait for His direction.
He is sufficient, He is enough.

I hope that wherever your weekend takes you, even if it is not what you had planned, that you will find Him sufficient and embrace whatever He gives you or wherever He leads you.

Blessings,

Amy

1 comment:

Steel Butterfly said...

Hi Amy. It's nice to meet you. I saw your comment on Heart to Heart with Holley today and it appears we have a lot in common. You have a beautiful site here and after reading your story I felt the need to contragulate and thank you.

Congratulations to you for your courage, strength and faith. Thank You for sharing with me so I don't feel alone. I think I could really use your help and advice.

I have been in an abusive relationship for the past 7.5 yrs and finally kicked my boyfriend out for the last time on November 30th. For the last 2 years I have been trying to wean myself off of him and gather the strength to end this relationship peacefully with God's help. A peaceful ending was not to be.

Unfortunately it ended with domestic battery, suicide threats from him and a 911 call. He was arrested that night and again 3 days later for violating a state order to stay away from me by calling, texting and coming back to my house without my consent or a police officer. In court the next week, I pressed charges and put a 2 yr stay away order of protection on him. I have even deleted him out of my phone. I am done.

I have never been able to follow through with any of this legally in the past and believe me, I have tried. It is only by the grace of God and His constant presence in my life that I am able to do this now. I have asked God to counsel me and protect me every single day and I have put my trust in Him.

I refused to worry, doubt or fear and I have been rewarded. I am being freed. I never know how long it will take or when it will happen but God always rescues me and makes me even stronger. He gives me the strength to move on to the next phase of His plan. 2 Cor 3:17-18; 2 Cor 4:16-18.

When I'm down on my knees, He blesses me and helps me up. When I cannot breath, he gives me air. When I cannot imagine an end to all the pain I feel in my heart, he gives me hope. When I can't stop crying, he dries my tears and reassures me of His love. When I see the mean purple bruise under my eye, I smile and think of the crown of thorns my Savior wore and thank Him for marking me with His love. When I feel how my hands hurt from a physical struggle, I think of Christ carrying His own cross to Calvary. When I feel the gut-wrenching pain of loss in my stomach and chest, I think of how Jesus pleaded with His Father asking if he really had to endure the cross and all the suffering and humiliation necessary to save me. And when he answers my prayer and takes away the pain, I think of my eternity in Heaven and thank my Lord for putting me through the fire so I can understand Him better.

He is the ultimate counselor and healer. He is a shoulder to cry on, an ear to chew off and his couch is always available. His office never closes and he charges no fee. He is and always will be my BFF.

Please pray for continued strength, peace, endurance and closure. This isn't over yet. I'll be praying for you as well.