Monday, March 28, 2011

Gratitude through the tears

As my son slowly recovers from a tragic accident that occurred over spring break last week, taking the life of his best friend and injuring him, I will take this opportunity to be grateful for all God has given to me.

#121 an 18-year-old young man that touched so many lives in his short time here on this earth

#121 my son safe and sound in his own bed

#122 the coming together of a community to offer an outpouring of love and support

#123 friendships that change and grow, but never die

#124 unconditional love

#125 a new college term of classes beginning

#126 new beginnings

#127 a kitchen filled with food from caring friends

#128 enough money to pay bills

#129 spring buds bursting open the promise of new life

#130 my God who is good always and through everything

What are you grateful for today?

Blessings,

Amy





4 comments:

Deborah Carr said...

For a stranger to say she is so sorry for your loss, seems trite...but losing a young life is a devastating thing, and truly, my heart breaks to read of it.

I've read some of your posts...you've been through much, but I've also read the strength and gentleness, the trust and hope between your words. God bless, Amy.

Amy said...

Thank you Deborah. Your words mean a lot, truly.
God is faithful through it all.

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for what all of you are going through. I simply can't imagine...there are no words. Praying for you & yours, and for the family of Andrew.

Danielle

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Your question at the end of your post almost seems best answered only in my heart. But I must say I am thankful for YOU today and that I found your post. I cannot even imagine your pain, but to see your list of gratitudes, coming from the hardest of all pains, was overwhelming to me. I thank you for your tenderness, your faith, and your love! My prayers are with you and your son, and for Andrew's family, too.